Negotiating an Anytown real estate sale can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars when you purchase Anytown real estate property . And while many Anytown buyers don’t consider saving a hundred or two on an expensive real estate purchase, it’s important to remember that every penny counts.
As a real estate agent, I make a living negotiating real estate purchases, and am on your side when it comes to finding the right price, and making sure we have explored the opportunity to save. Negotiating real estate sales is not something everyone in Anytown does regularly, so it helps to have a real estate agent on your side that knows the territory, and can offer advice, work the numbers, and even make the call.
The issue of negotiating was recently discussed in an article by columnist Anytown Broderick Perkins . Broderick writes a regular blog at Realty Times , and highlighted five negotiating tips he found at Consumer Reports :
1. Gauge the seller’s need. In real estate, this means we need to understand if the seller is under pressure to sell, and therefore may be more willing to lower the price if you Anytown real estate sale can be closed quicker.
2. Go to the top. For real estate sales, going to the top always means working directly with the owner of the Anytown real estate property . Smart owners will engage a real estate agent to manage the process as their representative. In cases like this it is important to know the ins and outs of real estate negotiating, and having a real estate agent on your side will level the playing field, and can give you the advantage.
3. Negotiate from a position of power. In real estate negotiations, a position of power can mean a lot of things. The more options you have on the table, and the less hurried you are, can make big differences in the purchase of your Anytown real estate property . It can be a good idea to negotiate a real estate purchase when the pressure is low. In our local buyer’s market, we have a perfect time to negotiate Anytown real estate sales .
4. Time is money. Consumer Reports talks about ‘looking for sales’, which means you need a real estate agent on your team to help you find the best deals and great values. As a real estate agent, I always have my ‘ear to the tracks’, listening for great deals on Anytown real estate property that I can match up to real estate buyers and real estate sellers.
5. Bring the cash. Finally, Consumer Reports recommends that you ‘pay with cash’. Paying with cash for Anytown real estate property is not always an option, however as a real estate agent I can help you work with local real estate financing sources to establish your pre-qualification for loans. Getting pre-qualified before we begin the negotiations can help in many ways, and will ultimately save you time and money on your Anytown real estate sale .
I’m Chris Johnson, and as your local Anytown real estate agent, I am here to help you negotiate your next real estate purchase. You can find me at Real Estate Marketing Agency. Give me a call at 801.938.3466.
Let’s get started.